National Nurses Week takes place each year from May 6 to May 12. You can save a lot of money with these Nurses Week deals when shopping for a wonderful nurse in your life. If you’re the healthcare professional, take full advantage of these incredible nurses appreciation week 2020 freebies, discounts and services.
(Note: Not every retailer may be honoring the deals, so be sure to check with local stores to confirm which deals are available before you go.)
Discounts on Flowers and Gifts for Nurses
Thank a nurse with a gift that shows you care — without paying full price.
- 1-800-Flowers.com: Use coupon code FLWR10 to take $10 off your purchase of $59.99 or more through June 28.
- PersonalizationMall.com: Get free shipping on orders over $35 with code SHIP35PM through May 15.
- ProFlowers: Save 20% on orders of $39 or more with this coupon.
Discount Food Deals for Nurses
You can still treat a nurse or yourself with these sweet discounts — no splurging required. Most of these are just nurses appreciation week deals, but some last until the end of the year.
- Cheryl’s: Get 15% off sitewide with code TAKE15 through Dec. 31.
- Cinnabon: Through a partnership with The DAISY Foundation, nurses get a free cinnamon roll at participating locations throughout Nurses Week.
- Circle K: Circle K is offering free coffee, tea and Polar Pops to health care workers, first responders and to their frontline store employees.
- Dunkin’: Dunkin’ is offering a free medium hot or iced coffee and a free doughnut to all health care workers who visit participating Dunkin’ restaurants on Wednesday and Dunkin Iced coffee $2 every monday
- Snickers: Snickers is offering to send essential workers a coupon for a free Snickers bar. Redeem the coupon at Walmart.
- Starbucks: Frontline responders to the COVID-19 pandemic can get a free cup of coffee on Sunday through May 3.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Get free fries at the Steak ‘n Shake drive-thru only if you are a health care provider. Steak ‘n Shake is offering the fries to health care workers,first responders and customers.
- Krispy Kreme: Krispy Kreme is giving away a free dozen doughnuts to health care workers every Monday through May 11. Show your badge at participating Krispy Kreme Doughnut stores throughout Nurses Week to receive a dozen Original Glazed Doughnuts for free.
- O’Charley’s: Get 25% off if you are a first responder or health care worker. The offer is valid for call-in or carry-out with a valid ID or badge.
- Outback: Outback is offering a 10% discount for nurses, doctors, medical staff, first responders and military.
- Hooters: Hooters is offering 20% off all takeout orders every day for health care workers, first responders and military until further notice. A valid form of ID is required.
- McDonald’s: Participating McDonald’s are offering free “Thank You Meals” to health care workers, police officers and firefighters through May 5.
- Mrs. Fields: Mrs. Fields is offering 25% off their Heroes Collection. Go to the website for more information.
- Free Bojangles’ Legendary Iced Tea: No purchase necessary
- Sheetz: Sheetz is offering free coffee through June 1 to responders and health care workers “in appreciation of their commitment to our health and safety as they fight on the frontlines of the COVID-19 crisis.”
- Chipotle: Health care workers can get a free burrito starting on Wednesday. Sign up on their website to be eligible for the giveaway.
Discounts for Educational Resources for Nurses
Whether you’re just beginning your nursing education or taking a refresher course, there are plenty of ways to save as you enhance your skills.
- Achieve Test Prep: Log on to take a free 1.5-hour Introduction to Fundamentals of Nursing online course.
- Incredible Health: Complete continuing education requirements for nursing license renewal in all 50 states for free.
- RN.com: No coupon code is needed to take professional nursing courses starting at just $10.
- Unbound Medicine: Get a free 30-day trial to access Unbound Medicine’s drug guide mobile app.
- Wolters Kluwer: Take 30% off your purchase of select titles, and get freeshipping with coupon code WCOVID30
- Nursing.com has a mission to end the nursing shortage by making nursing education more accessible. Through May 15, Nursing.com’s Clinical 360 course will be available for nurses and nursing students along with other free courses. There’s also a 36% discount to the Nursing Student Academy through May 15.
Freebies and Discounts on Supplies, Clothing and Accessories for Nurses
National Nurses Week is the time to stock up on scrubs, shoes and all the other gear you need for less. Check out the Nurses Week 2020 freebies included here.
- Dungarees: No coupon code is needed to get free shipping — contiguous U.S. only — on orders over $55.
- Medisave: You can get Harmony nursing shoes for just $39.99 and free shipping for orders over $49.
- PinMart: Use coupon code PINMART5 to take $5 off any order of $49 or more, PINMART10 to save $10 on an order of $99 or more and PINMART20 to get $20 off any order of $199 or more.
- Redding Medical: Nursing kits start at just $37.50. No coupon required.
- Scrub Shopper: Get free shipping on orders over $100. No coupon code required.
- Shoes.com: Enjoy 25% off sitewide by using code SPRING25 at checkout. The code expires May 1, 2020.
- Silvert’s: Get $10 off your next purchase over $50 through the company’s referral program.
- Crocs: Crocs is giving away free shoes to health care workers Monday – Friday at noon on their website. The number of free pairs is limited each day. The sign-up form will ask for your work email, state, facility name, preferences for shoes and shipping information.
- Nike: Nike is offering a 20% discount for eligible medical professionals and first responders. See details on their website.
- The North Face: The North Face is offering a 50% discount to health care workers until December 31.
- Waterloo Sparkling Water: Waterloo will be giving away 500 free 8-pack/12-pack case coupons to nurses and health care workers for Nurses Week. Starting on Wednesday, go to Waterloo’s Instagramand Facebook page and comment for a chance to win. Winners will be chosen at random.
Freebies on Services
- Airbnb: Airbnb is providing free or subsidized temporary housing for health care professionals, relief workers and first responders. Amazon: Amazon is offering free Kindle nursing books.
- Aldi: Aldi is allowing any medical professionals, with identification, immediate access to the front of any lines that may form outside their stores.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: BJ’s is offering multiple benefits to health care workers and first responders, including shopping without a BJ’s membership at all locations during their designated Appreciation Hours, a free four-month Inner Circle membership.
- BP/Amoco Gas: BP is offering a single-use discount code for 50 cents off per gallon on a BP or Amoco fuel purchase.
- Great Wolf Lodge: Great Wolf Lodge has pledged to donate up to 10,000 complimentary overnight stays to nurses confronting the COVID-19 outbreak. From May 4-12, every room booked under the code THANKYOU will give a room to a registered nurse and unlock a significant discount for guests of up to 50% off for stays starting July 6 through Oct. 29, 2020.
- Talkspace: Talkspace is offering a month of free therapy for doctors, nurses, social workers and frontline workers.
- Free room at Red Roof Inn through May 31: Call 1-800-RED-ROOF or contact your local Red Roof Inn to book your stay.
- Free oil changes and car washes: Mazda dealerships around the country are offering free standard oil changes and cleaning services for healthcare workers. It doesn’t matter if you drive a Mazda or not.
- Three months of free service from AT&T. FirstNet is for frontline workers and is backed by the federal government. It prioritizes data for healthcare workers over the network. Nurses and physicians who are already on the FirstNet plan will automatically get a three-month service credit, but new subscribers are also eligible.