18 oz ravioli of choice
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves fresh garlic (crushed)
3 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste (regular works if you don’t have sun-dried)
1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp flour or cornstarch
1/3 cup fresh parmesan or asiago cheese
1/4 cup smoked Gouda cheese (can use Fontina or Monterey Jack cheese)
1 diced tomato (optional for garnish)
1 tsp fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- Cook ravioli to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and toss in 2 Tbsp of oil. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with 2 tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 1 min.) Stir in the flour and mix until light brown. Add in the tomato paste and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add in the broth and cream.
- Stir in the cheeses and mix until completely melted.
- Ladle over cooked ravioli and top with fresh parsley and diced tomatoes before serving.
Thank you Susie Malott, Director of Payroll, for adding another terrific meal to our cookbook.