Dear Valued Healthcare Provider,
The number one goal at Accountable Healthcare is to keep our Healthcare Providers, staff and communities safe. With the ongoing concern related to the Coronavirus, we feel it is important that we communicate with you regarding the status of the outbreak and any needed precautions. If you have questions, please reach out to your Recruiter/Branch Manager or directly to our Clinical Team at ClinicalTeam@ahcstaff.com.
Keeping hands clean through improved hand hygiene is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Below is additional guidance from the CDC.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol to clean hands.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Put your used tissue in a waste basket. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
If you develop symptoms
- If you have symptoms of acute respiratory illness such as cough or difficulty breathing, do not report for work and contact your healthcare provider. Notify your Accountable Healthcare Branch or Recruiter, and your facility supervisor.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are ill, you should try to distance yourself from others so you do not spread your germs.
Perform routine environmental cleaning
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace using cleaning agents regularly used in these areas or disposable disinfecting wipes.
While on assignment
- Know the precautions and procedures being put in place by the facility you are working at. If the information is not readily available, contact your clinical supervisor to obtain information/education you will need to perform your job and stay safe.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention considers the risk of the Coronavirus becoming widespread in the United States to be significant and recommends Healthcare Providers have heightened awareness and preparedness. In the upcoming days you will be receiving additional information on how to safeguard yourself, co-workers, patients and families. In the meantime, we are asking you to complete the questions below and return this to your AHS recruiter, staffing coordinator or Branch/Divisional Manager to be included in your AHS Health Record by March 6, 2020. Please know that at Accountable Healthcare we value each of you as front line heroes, extending care and compassion to those you serve. Thank you for all that you do!!!!
The Current Outbreak
Both the CDC and WHO have reported the largest outbreak of the Coronavirus is in China and South Korea. Currently there have been more than 81,107 confirmed cases and over 2761 deaths as of 2/26/2020. The vast majority of cases have been in China, South Korea, Italy and Japan however the number of countries reporting new patients is growing each day by 4 countries per day.
Most often, spread from person-to-person happens during close exposure to a person infected with COVID-19. Person-to-person spread is thought to occur mainly via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, similar to how influenza viruses and other respiratory pathogens spread. These droplets can land in the mouths, noses, or eyes of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. It is currently unclear if a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
Symptoms to look for:
- Fever (greater than 38.6 C or 101.5 F)
- Dry Cough
- Muscle Aches and Pains (Flu like)
- Sore throat
- Difficulty Breathing
If you do develop any of these symptoms and feel you may have been exposed to the Coronavirus, please contact your healthcare provider immediately. It is important that you also notify your AHS Recruiter, Staffing Coordinator or Branch/Division Manager.
Additional information about Corona virus for healthcare professionals is available at the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/guidance-risk-assesment-hcp.html
Working together we can help keep our communities safe. Thank you.
Accountable Healthcare Staffing