Corporate Paralegal / Healthcare Staffing
Seeking a highly motivated, organized and enthusiastic individual who is interested in a career in the healthcare services industry. This is a tremendous opportunity for career advancement and to work closely with senior leadership. The individual will be required to provide superior client service by building positive relationships with external healthcare facilities and business partners, as well as within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with all departments in order to monitor and effect compliance with all federal, state and local requirements for the corporation and its subsidiaries in operative states.
- Maintaining of corporate records and minute books, coordinating of matters relating to, and preparing materials for, board and shareholders meetings and preparing related minutes, written consents, etc.
- Support corporate records retention and maintenance, including monitoring and ensuring compliance with electronic discovery obligations.
- Process complaints and maintain accurate database of all pending and/or threatened litigation, including a summary of status and applicable insurance coverage.
- Support the Legal Department with respect to periodic internal reporting.
- Support outside counsel in intellectual property matters, litigation, and discovery matters.
- Review of company internal template agreements and respond to document and other requests from Operations and Workforce Transformation and Consulting Divisions
- Gather information necessary to process contracts, including review of older contracts
- Support Legal Department in reviewing and drafting contracts and amendments, and propose suggested revisions
- Upload contracts and amendments into the contract database and highlight contract attributes
- Support Operations and Workforce Transformation and Consulting Divisions in responding to Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information
- Process supplier profile forms, agency contact forms and subcontractor guidelines provided by clients and vendors
- Support the subcontractor onboarding process
- Support Legal Department in responding to client, supplier partner, branch and internal requests
- Provide easy, efficient, professional, knowledgeable, and productive experience for all requests
- Find solutions to problems and assume a high level of ownership for achieving end-user satisfaction
- Maintain individual daily productivity statistics/performance metrics by tracking work completed
- Identify areas of opportunity and utilize skills/knowledge to suggest improvements
- Task and project oriented ability to meet short deadlines, and support other requests as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in related field, required
- Paralegal certification, preferred
- Five or more years of experience as a paralegal, preferred
- Basic understanding of contractual provisions, required
- 1 - 2 years of contract/transactional experience, preferred
- Experience with Contracts Management software, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Effective verbal and written communications skills with the ability to ask the appropriate questions and handle difficult/stressful situations as necessary
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties on a daily basis
- Demonstrated follow-up and follow-through skills
- Good analytical and people skills a must
- Detail oriented with highly developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is essential
- Strong data entry skills with a focus on details and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Time Management and Organizational skills a must
- Ability to proofread legal and other documents and make grammatical corrections
- Ability to use high degree of discretion in sensitive situations
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and be comfortable in a structured environment
As a distinguished market leader in the healthcare staffing industry with 25 office locations within the United States, servicing healthcare facilities in all 50 states, Accountable Healthcare Staffing offers a challenging and supportive working environment, and strives to develop employees who can achieve their full potential. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We foster a culture of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and our healthcare professionals, and provide direction for everything we do. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Accountable Healthcare Staffing is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.ahcstaff.com for additional information on the Company and its commitment to equal opportunity.
Accountable Healthcare Staffing is a subsidiary of Mitsui & Co., Ltd. ("Mitsui"). Mitsui is one of the most diversified and comprehensive trading, investment and service enterprises in the world, with 139 offices in 66 countries as of May, 2017. Mitsui is actively taking on challenges for global business innovation around the world. For more information on Mitsui, visit www.mitsui.com.
Profession: Corporate Paralegal
Specialty: Healthcare Staffing
City: Boca Raton
Job ID: 1853412
Job Status: open