Accountable Healthcare Staffing has partnered with the DAISY Foundation™ to recognize clinicians for the extraordinary skillful, compassionate care they provide patients and families. The DAISY Award is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day.
The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalization, Patrick’s family deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown not only to Patrick, but to all of them as well. When he passed, they felt compelled to say “thank you” to nurses in a very public way.
All nominees should have:
- Active RN in good standing with Accountable Healthcare Staffing.
- Eligible participants may be nominated by their peers, their client management staff, patients, or staff from Accountable Healthcare Staffing.
- Participation requires a submission on Accountable Healthcare Staffing nomination form.
- There will be a DAISY award bi-annually and will be based on voting from AHS’s clinical team.
- Each DAISY award winner will receive a DAISY award pin and banner, Cinnamon treats for their unit, a spotlight on AHS website and On-site award presentation.
To be selected as a DAISY nurse, the nominee must demonstrate the following:
- Practice with a high level of integrity
- Compassionate and caring
- Supportive of patient and patient family
- Clear, concise communication with co-workers, patients, and families
- Significantly make a difference in the life of a patient
- Committed to nursing excellence
Who to Nominate and How?
Have you been the recipient of extraordinary care by an Accountable nurse? Or do you know an Accountable Healthcare clinician who’s committed to providing excellent care?
We want to know! Nominate a clinician by filling out the form below. Winners of the DAISY Award® will be chosen by an internal selection committee quarterly.